LGBTQ+ at Allens
We want our people to feel good about bringing their real selves to work, and we have a range of specific initiatives to support and celebrate our LGBTQ+ colleagues.
- Pride in Diversity: Allens was the first law firm to become a member of the not-for-profit employer support program.
- Welcome Here: We are proud members of Welcome Here, a project supporting businesses across Australia to create and promote environments that are visibly welcoming and inclusive of LGBTQI+ communities.
- The Pinnacle Foundation: We are a Gold Foundation Partner of the Pinnacle Foundation, Australia's LGBTQI+ education charity.
- Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI): We are proud to have been ranked a bronze employer in the AWEI.
Established in 2011, ALLin is our LGBTQI+ network that is committed to providing an inclusive workplace at Allens, where diversity is celebrated. ALLin is for Allens partners and employees who identify as LGBTQI+ as well as their allies, and provides opportunities for members to build relationships with each other, our clients and the wider community through events, network meetings and pro bono legal assistance on matters of interest to the LGBTQI+ community.
In recent years, we've assisted LGBTQI+ asylum seekers with their claims and supported local and international not-for-profits in their advocacy on transgender rights and expunging historical homosexual criminal convictions.
Our LGBTQI+ policies
We have ensured that all of our policies are inclusive of LGBTQI+ employees and their families, including:
- Our parental leave policy is specifically inclusive of same-sex partners and families, adoption, surrogacy, foster care and long-term kinship care.
- Our trans and gender diverse policies support any employee wishing to affirm their gender, regardless of whether they are publicly transitioning.
You can learn more about our LGBTQI+ inclusive policies here.
Learn more: Inclusion and diversity at Allens