Gender Equality at Allens
Our 40:40:20 aim for gender equality
Back in 2017, we set ourselves the target of at least 35% female partners by 2022. As of 1 July 2022, we exceeded that goal, reaching 37% female partners.
With 37% female partners and more than 50% female legal professionals and corporate services professionals, we're well on our way to achieving our next goal: at least 40% female partner representation in 2025. This is part of our 40:40:20 aim: 40% women, 40% men and 20% any gender (women, men or non-binary persons).
Our career model, policies and initiatives have been developed with an emphasis on the engagement, professional development and promotion of women.
Our ever-growing networking and mentoring group, Women@Allens, is chaired by senior partners in each office, and focuses on developing and accelerating our female talent.
Our commitment to gender equality
We show our commitment to building a culture where everyone can reach their full potential through our modern internal policies. Alongside these policies, we are also signatories to:
- The UN women's empowerment principles (we were one of the first organisations in Australia to become a signatory)
- Law Council of Australia's National Equitable Briefing Policy
- Law Council of Australia's Diversity and Equality Charter
- NSW Law Society's Charter for the Advancement of Women in the Legal Profession
- Law Institute of Victoria's Charter for the Advancement of Women in the Legal Profession
We've also been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the last 19 years. This is the longest citation held by any law firm in Australia.
Learn more: Inclusion and diversity at Allens