Gender Equality at John Holland
John Holland is committed to levelling the playing field of their employees.
- John Holland monitors their salaries to ensure their people are paid equally in like-for-like roles.
- Joe Barr, John Holland’s CEO, is a pay equity ambassador with the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Employees have access to flexible work arrangements, including flexible start and finish times, opportunities to work from home, job share, take extended breaks and purchasing additional leave.
- John Holland was the first Australian construction company to implement full paid parental leave for primary carers, including 13 weeks plus five weeks return to work bonus. We now offer 18 weeks Primary Paid Parental Leave, and 3 weeks Secondary Paid Parental Leave.
- John Holland was one of the first companies in Australia to explicitly make full parental leave entitlements available to employees who experience a stillbirth.
- Women can take part in a female mentoring program where they are provided with tools to help them achieve their career development goals and opportunities to strengthen their network.
- We have implemented a 40/40/20 Gender Framework to allow equitable representation of gender across John Holland.
- We have a ‘Celebrate Women in John Holland’ Network that can be joined by both women and allies.
- We offer a female mentoring program which runs every year, separate to the general mentoring program to specifically support women in our industry.